In 1929, Thomas J. Capalbo, Esq. was awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree from Dartmouth College. In 1933, Thomas was awarded the degree of Juris Doctor from Boston University Law School. In 1934, Thomas established the Firm where he went on to practice law locally in Rhode Island and Connecticut for some 50 years.
In 1951, Thomas was elected a member of the Rhode Island Constitutional Convention and served as Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Rhode Island (1951-1953). Thomas was also elected to the Board of Directors of the Groton Savings Bank (now Chelsea-Groton Savings Bank) where he also served as the Bank's legal counsel. Additionally, Thomas served as a member of the Westerly Town Council, Westerly Town Solicitor (1970-1972), and Westerly Probate Court Judge (1973).
Born in Acri, Cosenza, Italy in 1902, Thomas enjoyed spending his time with family and friends at the beach.
- Rhode Island
- Rhode Island Supreme Court
- United States District Court, District of Rhode Island
- Connecticut Supreme Court
- United States District Court, District of Connecticut
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- New London County Bar Association
- The Loyal Order of Moose
- Greater Pawcatuck-Westerly Chamber of Commerce
- Narragansett Council
- Knights of Columbus